This Site is owned and operated by Prestium Pharma, Inc. ("Prestium Pharma").
This Site and its contents are designed to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. Although accessible to others outside the U.S. through the Internet, product information provided herein is intended for U.S. residents only.
3. Medical Information/Conditions. While there may be information on this Site related to certain medical conditions and their treatment, should a medical condition exist, promptly see your own physician or health care provider. We do not offer personalized medical diagnosis or patient-specific treatment advice. Indeed, only your doctor or other health care professional, can determine if a product described in this, or any, web site is appropriate for you.
PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR, OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE USING ANY PRODUCT DISCUSSED WITHIN THIS, OR ANY OTHER, WEB SITE.
5. Use of Site. Prestium Pharma grants you permission to display, copy, and download the materials on this Site for personal, noncommercial use only, provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not otherwise copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text, documents, or images contained in this Site or any portion thereof in any electronic medium or in hard copy, or create any derivative work based on such text, documents, or images without the express written consent of Prestium Pharma. You may not "mirror" any material contained on this Site on any other server without prior the written permission of Prestium Pharma. You agree that you will not use any software, device, or any other means to interfere with the proper working of this Site.
6. Trademarks/Proprietary Rights. You should assume that all product names appearing on this website, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol are trademarks of Prestium Pharma, or its affiliates, licensors, or joint venture partners. This website may also contain or reference patents, proprietary information, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of Prestium Pharma and/or other parties. No license to rights in any such trademarks, patents, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and proprietary rights of Prestium Pharma and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you.
8. Links to Other Web Sites. This Site may contains links to other Prestium Pharma and non-Prestium Pharma Internet web sites. Prestium Pharma assumes no responsibility for the content of non-Prestium Pharma Internet web sites to which we provide links.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties. Prestium Pharma has taken reasonable measures to ensure that the information contained within this Site is reliable, however, by using this Site, you accept the information, products and services provided herein "AS IS." Prestium Pharma makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within this Site, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All contents of the Prestium Pharma Web Site are: Copyright 2013 Prestium Pharma, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Important Safety Information
Denavir should only be used on herpes labialis on the lips or face. Application to mucous membranes is not recommended. Denavir should not be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to the product or any of its ingredients.
There are no adequate and well-controlled Denavir studies in pregnant women; therefore, Denavir should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed. There is no information on whether Denavir is excreted in human milk after topical administration; a decision whether to discontinue Denavir should take into account the importance of the drug to the mother. The effect of Denavir has not been established in immunocompromised patients. Denavir does not cure cold sores.
In clinical studies, the most common adverse reaction with Denavir was headache, which occurred in 5.3% of patients who received Denavir and 5.8% of patients who received placebo. Other adverse reactions with Denavir occurred in less than 2% of patients and included application site reaction, decreased sensitivity to touch/local anesthesia, taste perversion, and rash.
Other reported adverse reactions have included swelling of the mouth or throat, pain, alterations in sense of smell, abnormal touch sensation, itching, skin discoloration, and hives.
Denavir is available by prescription only. Please see the Full Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
DENAVIR is a nucleoside analog HSV DNA polymerase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of recurrent herpes labialis (cold sores)
in adults and children 12 years of age and older.